The Suncoast Youth Football Conference (SYFC) was originally chartered in 1995. What started out as a conference comprised of only 8 teams, we have since grown to 12:
- Azalea Bulldogs
- Clearwater Jr. Tornadoes
- Countryside Jr. Cougars
- Dunedin Jr. Falcons
- East Lake Eagles
- Gibbs Jr. Gladiators
- Lakewood Jr. Spartans
- Pinellas Park Thunderbirds
- Seminole Chiefs
- St. Pete Lil’ Devils
- Tarpon Springs Jr. Spongers
The SYFC was organized for the following purposes:
- To educate and inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or color; to practice the ideals of sportsmanship and physical fitness.
- To bring youth closer together by education, through the means of a common interest in sportsmanship, fellowship, and athletic competition.
- To encourage adults, by education, to behave in an exemplary manner when supervising youths.
- To keep the welfare of the youth foremost and free from any adult compulsion, for power and glory, though education.
- To promote safety first play, be educating and encouraging local, national, and international programs, with strict controls over age & weights, equipment, and behavior of adult coaches.
- To acquaint and educate youth with the fundamental techniques associated with football, such as: blocking, tackling, running, passing; and maintaining a sound physical, mental, and moral condition.
- To acquaint and educate youth with the fundamental techniques associated with cheerleading, such as: coordination, timing, voice, jumps, stunts, tumbling, cheers; and maintaining a sound physical, mental, and moral condition.
- The SYFC believes strongly in the potential of today’s youth, and promotes an environment conducive to their development.