The Suncoast Youth Football Conference (SYFC) was originally chartered in 1995. What started out as a conference comprised of only 8 teams, we have since grown to 12: Azalea Bulldogs, Clearwater Jr. Tornadoes, Countryside Jr. Cougars, Dunedin Jr. Falcons, East Lake Eagles, Gibbs Jr. Gladiators, Lakewood Jr. Spartans, Northeast Bandits, Pinellas Park Thunderbirds, Seminole Chiefs, St. Pete Lil' Devils, and Tarpon Springs Jr. Spongers. The SYFC was organized for the following purposes:
- To educate and inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or color; to practice the ideals of sportsmanship and physical fitness.
- To bring youth closer together by education, through the means of a common interest in sportsmanship, fellowship, and athletic competition.
- To encourage adults, by education, to behave in an exemplary manner when supervising youths.
- To keep the welfare of the youth foremost and free from any adult compulsion, for power and glory, though education.
- To promote safety first play, be educating and encouraging local, national, and international programs, with strict controls over age & weights, equipment, and behavior of adult coaches.
- To acquaint and educate youth with the fundamental techniques associated with football, such as: blocking, tackling, running, passing; and maintaining a sound physical, mental, and moral condition.
- To acquaint and educate youth with the fundamental techniques associated with cheerleading, such as: coordination, timing, voice, jumps, stunts, tumbling, cheers; and maintaining a sound physical, mental, and moral condition.
- The SYFC believes strongly in the potential of today's youth, and promotes an environment conducive to their development.